Thursday, February 11, 2010

Chores and Charts PRAISE THE LORD!

Saturday the 6th of February my family and I spend the day with all the Halehole's.  We had a fabulous time and exchanged some great family ideas.  Mrs. Halehole allowed me to borrow two books (Managers of Their Homes & Managers of Their Chores by Steven and Teri Maxwell).  These books have changed my world (for the better)!  I am so thankful to God and the Maxwell's and to Mrs. Halehole for getting this information into my hands! 

I am now the proud momma of three morning chore chart packs, and a color coded kitchen chore chart.  We still have lots of charting and chores to establish, but I am very excited by what I have seen so far.

We have kept rooms squared away for days.  Dinner clean up took all of 10 minutes.  I don't think you understand what I am saying.  IT TOOK 10 Minutes to clean an entire kitchen for a family of five.  That my friends is SUCCESS!

I did not understand the importance of having my children participate in household chores until recently.  So word to the wise get these little people moving!  Not only for you but truly for them and their future spouse!


Thanks friends!

4 comments:

Teapots & Robots said...

okay, okay, I have heard about this awesomeness from both Mrs. Halehole and now you so who is going to pass me the goods!!!?
Seriously, hand it over!!!! ;)

Thanks to a divine conversation with our friend, I was totally encouraged and eyes opened to what my little ones could actually be doing and so now they both have 2 chores each as of now. A sweeps the floor after each meal, S wipes down the table and they each clean a bathroom. It's so GREAT!
For real...pass the goods! And bring them in person so we get to see you too! ;)

Unknown said...

So funny, Nicolle. We know Terry Maxwell's mom and dad. They are Rex and Jan Frazer. WONDERFUL people! Some of our favorites. I check out www.Titus2.com to see what's happening in the lives of this fun family.

So glad you got chore packs. I've heard lots of good things about them.

Nicolle said...

Hey Righteousnessbyfaith,

I am glad the boys are doing chores and Mrs. Halehole was able to show what could be done with even the smallest of people. Praise the Lord!

Now about me handing over the books! HUHHHHHHHHHH I don't know! I am having a hard time releasing them back to Mrs. Halehole to be honest. I hope to have my own copies soon. They are also a great resource for helping women in the park get "their house in order".

Hey but we will come by sometime soon.

Nicolle said...

2X2 Ministries, that is awesome that you have a relationship with Teri's parents. The Titus2.com website is informative as well.

How is everything with you and your family? Has the expansion taken place yet? Don't forget to let me know when it does.