This came to me from a friend by email. The scripture spoke to me and brought with it life. Isn't that awesome when God's word does what He says it will do! Anyway, I thought I'd post some of the content because it was a blessing to me. After you read it I will explain why it was such a blessing to me. You can share if it blesses you too.
Blessed is everyone who fears the Lord, who walks in his ways!
You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands; you shall be blessed and it shall be well with you.
Your wife will be like a fruitful vine (i.e., a bringer of joy like wine, and the mother of children) within your house; your children will be like olive shoots (full of energy and promise) around your table. Behold, thus shall the man be blessed who fears the Lord.
- Wives, bring joy to their house.
- Wives, love your own spouse well. (will bring joy!!)
- Mothers, faithfully train your children in godliness. (will bring peace and joy)
- Mothers, view your children as God does. (full of energy and promise)
- Single women, learn from the women around you how to love your future spouse and train children in godliness.
So the scripture above is my prayer for my family. Ultimately, that we would all fear the Lord and walk in HIS ways. As we sit at the table I would know we are blessed because of the food that is there (indication of work) and the family that surrounds me (indication of God's blessings). May I look upon my children with the love and adoration of the Father, even in the midst of my wrong. Let love, joy, peace and long suffering be my name.
What say you?