Monday, May 17, 2010

Titus Twosday!
















This came to me from a friend by email.  The scripture spoke to me and brought with it life.  Isn't that awesome when God's word does what He says it will do!  Anyway, I thought I'd post some of the content because it was a blessing to me.  After you read it I will explain why it was such a blessing to me.  You can share if it blesses you too.

 Psalm 128:1-4

Blessed is everyone who fears the Lord, who walks in his ways!
You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands; you shall be blessed and it shall be well with you.
Your wife will be like a fruitful vine (i.e., a bringer of joy like wine, and the mother of children) within your house; your children will be like olive shoots (full of energy and promise) around your table. Behold, thus shall the man be blessed who fears the Lord.

  • Wives, bring joy to their house.
  • Wives, love your own spouse well. (will bring joy!!)
  • Mothers, faithfully train your children in godliness. (will bring peace and joy)
  • Mothers, view your children as God does. (full of energy and promise)
  • Single women, learn from the women around you how to love your future spouse and train children in godliness.
 What an awesome list of things you are to your family!  I am encouraged as wife and convicted as mother!  I am encouraged to know that I bring joy to my home according to the scriptures.  It is encouraging to know that loving my husband brings joy to me and him.  I am convicted in my role as mother.  Particularly the part of viewing my children as God does, full of energy and promise.  I have forgotten this biblical perspective. I have gotten busy thinking they should already be in a place that they are striving towards yet have not attained.  Therefore, I have become impatient.  It was this text that opened my eyes to the truth of God's love towards me.  I mean really!  My kids are currently at difficult stages in their live.  But, I am always in a difficult stage when it comes to Christ.  I am needy and try to be independent.  I am foolish and attempt to be wise.  Does this sound like a kid to you?  It does to me. 

So the scripture above is my prayer for my family.  Ultimately, that we would all fear the Lord and walk in HIS ways.  As we sit at the table I would know we are blessed because of the food that is there (indication of work) and the family that surrounds me (indication of God's blessings).  May I look upon my children with the love and adoration of the Father, even in the midst of my wrong.  Let love, joy, peace and long suffering be my name.

What say you?



 

1 comment:

annie said...

thanks for the perspective check!!