Wednesday, November 5, 2008

TIME TO TEACH!

Older women.... IT IS TIME TO TEACH! Let me clarify what I mean by older women. Rather let me explain Titus 2 in relation to older women. The older woman here is a married woman who has children. Ladies we need to effort to make time to teach younger women "what is good" Titus 2:3. The "what is good", is to love their husband, love their children, to be self controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husband. Why do we need to teach these things see Titus 2:5b "that the word of God may not be reviled."

Older ladies we have to teach the younger women, because it is through our lives that the unsaved see Christ. When women don't love their own husbands, don't love their children, lack self control, are not pure, don't concern themselves with their home, are unkind, and not submissive to their own husband...they bring reproach on the Gospel of Christ. So I encourage an "older woman" to find a younger women and TEACH what is good!


Younger women...be willing to be taught. Don't assume you know everything. Be humble and receive godly instruction and wisdom in Love. I have pick up this book by Carolyn Mahaney called Feminine Appeal: Seven Virtues of a Godly Wife and Mother. The seven virtures are the "what is good" that the older women are to teach. So it was a perfect line up for me. I am very aware of my role as a wife, however there is alway more to learn that we may bring glory to Christ in all things. As the Lord speaks to my heart I will be sharing with you and I pray that the Lord will speak to your heart as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen! Here is a great web-site for Titus 2 women to look at http://www.reviveourhearts.com/ It has some great teaching.