Sunday, November 23, 2008

PRAY for your man!

The Lord opened my eyes to a truth on Tuesday and completed it on Wednesday. I need to be faithfully praying for my husband. Why haven't I been faithful in that area? I just felt like he has it together (with the Lord).

Well after the Lord revealed to me that I pray faithfully for my children and not so much for my husband... I had to do something about it. Then I realized I am not the only woman who seems to neglect to pray for her husband. It seems we expect them (our hubands) to know how to love, care for, and nurture us. When in fact it is as difficult for them as it is for us to submit or be respectful.

So, as the Lord would have it I will be opening my home on Monday nights from 6:30-7:30 for the specific purpose of women coming together to pray for their husbands and marriages. This will not be hang out time but very specific and purposeful prayer. I know many of you would not be able to attend based on location. I would encourage you to open your home to a few ladies to faithfully pray for your husbands as well. If you need more info. holla at me.

2 comments:

angela aka joyful saint said...

hi nicolle,
i'll admit, i'm guilty as charged. i don't intercede for my husband as oft as i should. no excuses~ i just miss the mark here. but thank God for the saints whom He uses to put me in remembrance of those things i've neglected.

that's a wonderful idea and thanks for paying it forward. let me see if i can round up some sisters in my area to get together for that express purpose.

God bless you nickie.

timsarmywifey said...

Nicolle,

There is even a curriculum similar to Moms in Touch by Tami Chelew I bought in Germany a few years back called "Wives in Prayer Ministries" out there.... when I remember to use it it's great!