Thursday, February 19, 2009

Another Homemaker Moment!



This homemaker moment is less about what a great job I have done and more about how wonderful my husband is. On Wednesday I received a phone call from a laboring client. Now, Wednesday evenings is our official date night. Not much ever interrupts that time! Back to the phone call on Wednesday night! I thought seriously...your not due until March! I know, I know I can't predict or plan such things.

Phil and I continued with our date (kind of). I was on the phone with the woman in labor, my doula partner, and the Birth Works Director (Nurse Midwife). WHAT A DATE NIGHT!? My husband was clearly bothered by the whole situation. He understood my obligation, but again this has not happened on one of our date nights EVER!

Long story short. We wrapped our date up pretty quickly, picked up our kids from AWANA, and off I was to be with the laboring momma. It turned out to be a false alarm but good we went to the hospital the baby's heart rate was high and the momma was dehydrated. So at around 1:30A.M I arrived home from a thirty minute drive from the hospital.

As I walked in the door, much to my surprise all the laundry was neatly folded and organized by person and or location. The dishes were clean and put away and my whole house was sound asleep. That was a homemaker moment!

My moment is to simply say thank you to my husband (PUBLICLY)! The time spent cleaning and organizing the house during a difficult situation was greatly appreciated! I will build my home by using the word thank you more often!

I learned this from the experience. Our service to one another speaks to the glory of God. In my husbands service to me I was able to see how Christ serves and loves His bride even when her attention is divided. Christ will pursue His bride even when other things (even good things) distract her. That pursuit will always bring her back to Him! Thank you Lord for making yourself known to me in this way through my husband!

I Love You....My King


Queen

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome. We love you both.

Teapots & Robots said...

That is awesome! Praise God! I love that- what a great reminder and practical way of God's love being shown to us! Thanks for sharing!

Phillip Fletcher said...

I hope this is not self-serving, but thank you my Queen. I love you to.

Phillip