Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thinking on Thursday!

So I am thinking about my need to love as Christ loves.  I am thinking about what it cost Christ to love people who hated him and would continue in that hatred by their actions all their natural born lives.  The ones that say,  "I am on your team Christ and I love you" will abuse, neglect, disrespect, turn away from and disobey the very Christ they claim to be on the same side as.  

What makes it hard for us to LOVE like Christ?  I will be the first to say (not gladly though), that if I know you hate me or are going to abuse me I am not going to go out of my way to love or serve you.  But what does that say about what Christ did for me?  What does that say about my love for others?  What does God want from His children in this regard? 

Friend in the faith, how I long to release all of my cares, worries and fears aside and love.  I mean really, truly LOVE without fear of the imperfect individual.   I think that is what Paul means when he said "count it all as loss".  We need to count everything in this life as loss "for the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ."  Phillipians 3:8

My prayer this day is that I will truly count my life and everything I have as loss for the surpassing worth of knowing Christ.  This my friend is a hard saying!  I don't think we realize what this means.....I am only beginning to understand the gravity of this statement!  Lord help me to walk this out in spirit and in truth!


No comments: