Sunday, October 5, 2008

STAND IN THE RAIN!

My daughter Najee’ often waits for her daddy to come home from work at the end of the driveway. She will often call him wanting to know exactly where he is on his route home. Today I watched God use my 7 year old to speak loud and clear to me. It was about 6:00P.M. Phil’s ETA was between 5 and 20 minutes. It was raining pretty hard at this point. Najee’ gets the umbrella and stands in the rain at the end of the driveway waiting for her dad. She remained there until he arrived about 10 minutes later. She was confident that her daddy was coming and he would meet her…so she was willing to wait.
Then it hit me. Many of us believe in Christ but are unwilling to wait on Him. She stood in the rain longing for her dad and confident he would come.

Are we that faithful? Will we stand in the rain (through hard trials and tribulation)? Can we endure hardships and still stand confident that our Heavenly Father will meet us? I am challenged by this. Are you? I am challenged to stand in the rain and wait on my Glorious Savior to meet me!

No comments: